METTLER TOLEDO Thornton Introduces Sodium Analyzer for Power Generation and Pure Water Treatment Applications
Bedford, Massachusetts. 2nd March, 2012 – METTLER TOLEDO Process Analytics Division announces the availability of its 2300Na sodium analyzer for use in pure water treatment and power generation applications.
In the power plant, long-term and efficient generation depends on minimizing corrosion and deposition within the steam/water cycle. As a leader in meeting stringent deionized water quality requirements with other measurements, METTLER TOLEDO Thornton has expanded its portfolio to include sodium measurement, the key parameter for initiating regeneration of cation exchange resin and for assuring water purity.
“Sodium is responsible for corrosion in high-value turbine blades and other parts of the cycle,” says David Gray, senior product manager and power industry specialist, METTLER TOLEDO. “Early detection of contamination allows time for planning corrective action before condenser leaks enlarge and serious damage occurs. The design of the METTLER TOLEDO Thornton 2300Na sodium analyzer is based on extensive instrumentation experience and is optimized to handle these measurement challenges.”
Features and Benefits:
• Fully automatic, unattended calibration assures reliable operation while saving time.
• Reagent addition confirmation by pH to assure consistent measurement results.
• Convenient grab sample measurement for additional samples and quality control checks from other areas of the plant.
• Simultaneous display of sodium, adjusted pH, temperature and calibration progress – provides convenient analyzer and sample status at a glance.
• Choice of enclosures: fully enclosed for plant environments or partially-enclosed with accessible controls for clean sample rooms.
• Four analog outputs for sodium, adjusted pH and temperature with choice of scaling to enable full integration into data acquisition or control systems.
Visit the new Power Competence Center “Process Analytics for Efficient Power Generation” at www.mt.com/pro_power
About METTLER TOLEDO PROCESS ANALYTICS
METTLER TOLEDO Process Analytics Division develops and manufactures instruments and sensors used for liquid process measurement and control in pure and ultrapure water applications, offering measurements of resistivity/conductivity, pH, dissolved oxygen, dissolved ozone, oxidation reduction potential (ORP), total organic carbon (TOC) and flow. METTLER TOLEDO Process Analytics division consists of two business units, INGOLD and THORNTON, whose products are commonly used in industries such as
• Microelectronics manufacturing
• Pharmaceutical and biotechnology
• Power and steam generation plants
• Brewing, food and beverage production
• Chemical, gas process and refining industries
For additional information, visit http://www.mt.com/pro